Just a few blocks away, the world’s first drive-in gas station opened for business in 1913, the same year the Lincoln Highway was routed through this corridor. The Lincoln Highway was one of the earliest transcontinental highways for automobiles across the U.S. and ran coast-to-coast from Times Square in New York City west to Lincoln Park in San Francisco. Pittsburgh’s Historic “Automobile Row” soon emerged and ours is the site of a former gas station descendant from this era of vision and adventure. Our location merges the neighborhoods of Bloomfield and Shadyside. Bloomfield, Pittsburgh’s Little Italy and now known for its festival, food, excellent shopping, and casual nightlife is to the left of us. Step outside and, to the right, is Shadyside, dubbed one of the “jewels” of Pittsburgh’s East End and draws its name from a 19th Century Pennsylvania Railroad Station in the area known for its shady lanes. Shadyside was hailed the Greenwich Village of Pittsburgh in the 1960’s due to its highly “tuned in” music scene. Today it is a thriving hub for shopping, art, upscale night life, cutting edge cuisine, and, yes, the ‘Jam on Walnut’ which is an annual outdoor Music Festival, proving the East End remains true to its creative and cultural roots to our present day.